American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See phycology.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A branch of botany treating of algæ; phycology.
- n. The branch of botany dealing with algae.
- n. The medical treatment of pain as practiced in Greece and Turkey.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) The study or science of algæ or seaweeds.
- n. the branch of botany that studies algae
- From Ancient Greek άλγος (álgos, "algo-, pain") -λογία (-logía, "-logy, branch of study") (Wiktionary)
- alg(a) + -logy. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘algology’.
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
All the different studies.
Looking for tweets for algology.