from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The chemistry of plants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The scientific study of the chemicals found in plants.
- n. The collection of chemicals and chemical processes found in a particular plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Chemistry in its relation to vegetable bodies; vegetable chemistry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Vegetable chemistry; the chemistry of plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of organic chemistry dealing with the chemistry of plants
From phyto- "plant" + chemistry (Wiktionary)