from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small blister or pustule.
- n. An air bubble.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bubble, such as in paint or glass
- n. A large vesicle or bulla, usually containing a serous fluid
- n. An irregular bulge in the plasma membrane of a cell undergoing apoptosis
- n. A bubble-like inclusion of one mineral within another
- v. To form, or cause the formation of, blebs
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large vesicle or bulla, usually containing a serous fluid; a blister; a bubble, as in water, glass, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A blister or pustule.
- n. A bubble, as in water or other fluid, or in a substance that has been fluid, as glass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (pathology) an elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid
Probably alteration of blob.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Possibly formed through mimesis, similarly to blob and blubber (Wiktionary)