from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An inflammation followed by itchy irritation on the hands, feet, or ears, resulting from exposure to moist cold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An itchy purple red inflammation of the skin, especially of the hands, feet and ears. It occurs when capillaries below the skin are damaged by exposure to cold weather.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A blain, sore, or inflammatory swelling of the feet or hands, produced by exposure to cold, and attended by itching, pain, and sometimes ulceration.
- transitive v. To produce chilblains upon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A blain or sore produced by cold; an erythematous condition of the hands or feet, accompanied with inflammation, pain, and sometimes ulceration; erythema; pernio.
- To afflict with chilblains; produce chilblains in: as, my feet were chilblained.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inflammation of the hands and feet caused by exposure to cold and moisture
chil(l) + blain.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
chill + blain (Wiktionary)