from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of shiver.
- n. The action of shivering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sliver; a strip.
- n. A tremulous shaking or quivering, as with a chill or fear.
- n. In ceramics, the flaking off of parts of the ware, caused by the unequal contraction of body and glaze. Compare crazing, 2.
- n. A horsemen's term for chorea or St. Vitus's dance affecting the muscles of the hip and thigh of the horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. vibrating slightly and irregularly; as e.g. with fear or cold or like the leaves of an aspen in a breeze
- n. a sensation of cold that often marks the start of an infection and the development of a fever
Sorry, no etymologies found.