from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tossing or shaking of the body; physical agitation, especially while asleep or confined to bed by ilness; jactitation.
- n. The action of throwing.
- n. Boasting; bragging; showing off.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A throwing or tossing of the body; a shaking or agitation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of throwing, as missile weapons.
- n. Agitation of the body from restlessness or for exercise; the exercise of riding in some kind of vehicle.
- n. Boasting; bragging.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (pathology) extremely restless tossing and twitching usually by a person with a severe illness
Sorry, no etymologies found.