Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of throwing, as missile weapons.
- n. Agitation of the body from restlessness or for exercise; the exercise of riding in some kind of vehicle.
- n. Boasting; bragging.
- n. A tossing or shaking of the body; physical agitation, especially while asleep or confined to bed by ilness; jactitation.
- n. The action of throwing.
- n. Boasting; bragging; showing off.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A throwing or tossing of the body; a shaking or agitation.
- n. (pathology) extremely restless tossing and twitching usually by a person with a severe illness
“Apparently, maceration is one of those words like "jactation" that sounds dirty but is actually quite technical-it refers to some type of esoteric fermentation process that infuses fruit with vodka.”
“-- Fever may be accompanied by pain especially of the the head and loins; a sense of heaviness or general lassitude; deficiency of either secretion, or of all of them; dryness of skin; thirst; nausia; scanty and high colored urine; delirium; constipation; jactation; &c.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘jactation’.
My Favorite Words
The (not always so) smoovements; scattered, oscillating, jerky, and unpredictable.
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
either describe D or would be good in his writings!
descriptions of people
Looking for tweets for jactation.