from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chapped or inflamed area on the skin, especially on the heel, resulting from exposure to cold; an ulcerated chillblain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a chilblain or ulcer, especially on the heel of the foot
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A chap or crack in the flesh occasioned by cold; an ulcerated chilblain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A chap or crack in the flesh, caused by cold; an ulcerated chilblain, as on the heel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ulcerated chilblain on the heel
Middle English kybe.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Origin unknown. (Wiktionary)