from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tan color on the skin resulting from exposure to the sun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In humans a brown or darkened coloration of the skin caused by exposure to ultraviolet light.
- v. To obtain a suntan by exposure to ultraviolet light.
- v. To attempt to obtain a suntan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. get a tan from being exposed to the sun
- n. a browning of the skin resulting from exposure to the rays of the sun
Sorry, no etymologies found.