from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small swelling of the skin, usually caused by acne; a papule or pustule.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inflamed (raised and colored) spot on the surface of the skin that is usually painful and fills with pus.
- n. An annoying person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any small acuminated elevation of the cuticle, whether going on to suppuration or not.
- n. Fig.: A swelling or protuberance like a pimple.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small inflammatory dermal tumor or swelling; a papule or pustule, such as are seen in acne.
- n. A little elevation or protuberance, of any kind, resembling a pimple.
- n. A jolly boon companion.
- To cover with pimples; cause to abound with pimples; spot or blotch as with pimples.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small inflamed elevation of the skin; a pustule or papule; common symptom in acne
Middle English.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Early Modern English pimple, pumple (not found in Middle English), probably a nasalised variation of Old English piplian, pyplian "to break out in pimples, show erruptions". Akin to Old English pipliġende "having shingles". (Wiktionary)