from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become coarse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make more coarse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make coarse or vulgar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render coarse or coarser, in any sense; especially, make unrefined or inelegant; make rude or vulgar: as, to coarsen one's nature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make less subtle or refined
- v. make or become coarse or coarser
Sorry, no etymologies found.