from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A spot or blot; a splotch.
- n. A discoloration on the skin; a blemish.
- n. Any of several plant diseases caused by fungi and resulting in brown or black dead areas on leaves or fruit.
- transitive v. To mark or become marked with blotches.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An uneven patch of color or discoloration.
- n. An irregularly shaped spot.
- v. To mark with blotches.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A blot or spot, as of color or of ink; especially a large or irregular spot. Also Fig..
- n. A large pustule, or a coarse eruption.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pustule upon the skin.
- n. A spot of any kind, especially a large irregular spot or blot; hence, anything likened to a mere spot or blot, as a poor painting; a daub.
- n. A disease of dogs.
- To mark with blotches; blot, spot, or blur.
- n. In botany, a disease of fruit or leaves, which cause the formation of spots, usually black in color.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. mark with spots or blotches of different color or shades of color as if stained
- n. an irregularly shaped spot
Probably blend of blot1 and botch.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)