from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Grime or squalor; dinginess.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Dinginess.
- n. A black person.
- v. To strike, scourge, or beat.
- v. To flog, as in penance
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To dent, or make a depression or hollow on the surface of, as by a knock or blow; dint; bash: as, a dinged silk hat.
- n. A dent or depression made by a blow; a bruise or bash: as, a dinge on a copper kettle; a hat full of dinges.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a dent or impression in
- v. make dingy
- n. discoloration due to dirtiness
Back-formation from dingy1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From dingy. (Wiktionary)