from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pitlike scar left on the skin by smallpox or another eruptive disease.
- n. A small pit on a surface: The gophers left the lawn covered with pockmarks.
- transitive v. To cover with pockmarks; pit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mark or scar in the skin caused by a pock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mark or pit made by smallpox.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mark or scar made by the smallpox; a pock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a scar or pit on the skin that is left by a pustule of smallpox or acne or other eruptive disease
- v. mark with or as if with pockmarks
Sorry, no etymologies found.