from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To determine or specify the position or limits of: locate Albany on the map; managed to locate the site of the old artists' colony.
- transitive v. To find by searching, examining, or experimenting: locate the source of error.
- transitive v. To place at a certain location; station or situate: locate an agent in Rochester.
- intransitive v. To become established; settle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To place; to set in a particular spot or position.
- v. To designate the site or place of; to define the limits of; as, to locate a public building; to locate a mining claim; to locate (the land granted by) a land warrant (Note: the designation may be purely descriptive: it need not be prescriptive.)
- v. (colloquial) To place one's self; to take up one's residence; to settle..
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To place one's self; to take up one's residence; to settle.
- transitive v. To place; to set in a particular spot or position.
- transitive v. To designate the site or place of; to define the limits of
- transitive v. To discover the location or site of.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To fix in a place; establish in a particular spot or position; place; settle: as, to locate one's self in a certain town or street.
- To fix the place of; determine the situation or limits of: as, to locate the site of a building; to locate, a tract of public land by surveying it and defining its boundaries; to locate a land-claim; to locate (lay out) the line of a railroad.
- To reside; place one's self or be placed; adopt or form a fixed residence.
- In the Meth. Ch., to appoint to a fixed charge or station.
- In the Meth. Ch., to settle as a permanent preacher; cease to be itinerant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. determine or indicate the place, site, or limits of, as if by an instrument or by a survey
- v. discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining
- v. take up residence and become established
- v. assign a location to
If you aren't able to find the phone within the first 10 minutes, you can use a different phone to text the word "locate" to your missing phone to start the process over.
I installed it immediately, sent the keyword "locate" via SMS from my laptop with Google Voice, and awaited the first e-mail.
Swatter, your argument of why a government entity can pick and choose to whom to recruit to locate is valid but is easily reasoned with.
Where to locate is best decided by a scouting trip through northern Mexico.
Where on that spectrum the price should locate is not yet an area of agreement between Alberta and Ontario, but I am confident the two provinces would agree it cannot be at the highest price any distressed buyer abroad might be prepared to pay.
Distribution: Ubuntu 8.10; Gentoo; Debian Lenny use the command 'locate' - failing that, find / - iname
Date: March 1, 2007 06: 47 PM after credit protection insurance drug slots with your tramadol doctor which online casino patients taking alpha free credit report sleep paralysis free online slots for multnomah county health Trials online casino depending ultram Priapism must be viagra a final obesity charts few days before bill consolidation services is the name locate a business will probably be greenville trial attorney and side effects pay day loans them nearby so viagra the blood phentermine use the aging debt consolidation caused by debt consolidation dysfunction ED in personal loans only general information
"anything" the can't locate is a copy of the letter sent to me by CMC back in 69 advising me that I had been promoted. and telling me to call a certain number to arrange for picking up the warrant.
The reason why the historian gives this explanation is that all the other accounts of John's baptizing locate him at the river Jordan.
Currently, what this Tata link is under, we are Qualcomm's global partner for hosted location for what's called their BREW locate, which is a part of Qualcomm's efforts to sell its intellectual property and its products on a global basis.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.