American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that locates, as a person who fixes the boundaries of mining claims.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who locates land, or who settles upon land by claim of right or legal possession.
- n. In law, the hirer in a contract of location.
- n. One who, or that which, locates.
- n. US One who locates, or is entitled to locate, land or a mining claim.
- n. travel industry The unique alphanumeric reference given to each travel booking.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. U.S. One who locates, or is entitled to locate, land or a mining claim.
- n. a person who fixes the boundaries of land claims
- to locate + -or (Wiktionary)
“To pair customers with an Authorized Runco Dealer in their area, each page of the new Web site has a new zip-code-based dealer locator, which is powered by Google Maps and provides driving directions, links to dealer websites and contact information.”
“GelPro's website features a store locator, which is searchable by city, state and zip code, serving as a convenient tool for customers to locate the closest retailer.”
“SpyFinder hidden camera detector / locator, which is described as "the most reliable and easy-to-use technology on the market for making sure you are not being watched.”
“The company also created a nifty iPhone application with 2,000 searchable recipes and a store locator, which is a great platform for disseminating static information.”
“Recently, I was involved in a few presentations and had a conversation with a colleague that got me thinking about the future of the URL (i.e., uniform resource locator -- in other words, a web address).”
“Public land birds get used and abused from folks onvehicles, particularly 4 wheelers blowing every kind of locator call known to mankind.”
“Bones spin-off casts Geoff Stults as its "locator”
“JANICE ROMIG, ALLEN ORGAN EMPLOYEE: So, I learn component locator which is that machine there.”
“The cameramen were doing mainly what they called "locator" shots, like any amateur would do with his less expensive mini-cam.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘locator’.
nuclear fuel, nuclear arsenal, nuclear equipment, AWACS, anti-missile shield, battlefield opera..., communication sys..., community communi..., control system, functionality log..., Missile Technolog..., NBC Warning and R... and 302 more...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for locator.