from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something which deflects something else, especially a stream of fluid or particles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which deflects, as a diaphragm in a furnace, or a cone in a lamp (to deflect and mingle air and gases and help combustion).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plate, diaphragm, or cone in a lamp, furnace, or stove, to bring the flame and gases into intimate contact and improve the combustion.
- n. A device for causing the nozle of a hydraulic mining machine to move in any desired direction.
- n. In general, something which deflects.
- n. See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device intended to turn aside the flow of something (water or air or smoke etc)
deflect + -or (Wiktionary)