from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An abnormal new growth of tissue in animals or plants; a tumor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An abnormal new growth of disorganized tissue in animals or plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A new formation or tissue, the product of morbid action.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A new growth or true tumor; a morbid growth more or less distinct histologically from the tissue in which it occurs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an abnormal new mass of tissue that serves no purpose
From neo- + Ancient Greek πλάσμα (plasma, "formation"). (Wiktionary)