from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A benign epithelial tumor having a glandular origin and structure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A benign tumour of the epithelium arising from or resembling a gland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A benign tumor of a glandlike structure; morbid enlargement of a gland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tumor presenting the characteristics of the gland from which it springs; a tumor originating in a gland, and presenting the general character of racemose or of tubular glands. Also called adenocele.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a benign epithelial tumor of glandular origin
From Ancient Greek (aden, "gland") + (oma, "tumor") (Wiktionary)