from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tumor consisting of different types of tissue, as of skin, hair, and muscle, caused by the development of independent germ cells.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A benign or malignant tumour, especially of the gonads, that arises from germ cells and consists of different types of tissue such as skin, hair, or muscle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tumor, sometimes found in newborn children, which is made up of a heterigenous mixture of tissues, as of bone, cartilage and muscle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A complex congenital tumor, often containing very many different tissues, as skin, hair, teeth, connective tissue, cartilage, bone, muscles, and glands: most frequently found at the lower end of the spine, about the head and neck, and in the generative organs. Also called teratoid tumor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tumor consisting of a mixture of tissues not normally found at that site
From terato- + -oma (Wiktionary)