from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tumor originating in the neuroglia of the brain or spinal cord.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tumour that arises from glial cells in the brain or spinal cord.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tumor springing from the neuroglia or connective tissue of the brain, spinal cord, or other portions of the nervous system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a tumor composed of neuroglia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tumor of the brain consisting of neuroglia
gli(a) + -oma.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)