from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the skin or dermis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to skin or integument.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the integument or skin of animals; dermic.
- adj. Pertaining to the dermis or true skin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, pertaining to skin, or the external covering of the body; consisting of skin; cutaneous; tegumentary.
- In botany, pertaining to the epidermis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or located in the dermis
- adj. relating to or existing on or affecting the skin
- adj. of or relating to a cuticle or cuticula
From Ancient Greek δέρμα (derma, "skin") + -al (Wiktionary)