from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the form of or resembling a thread or filament.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like or resembling a thread or filament; filamentous.
- adj. Having all component parts or segments cylindrical and more or less uniform in size.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the shape of a thread or filament; See Illust. of antennæ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a filum in form; thready; filamentous; filaceous.
- Pertaining to or having the characters of the Filiformia.
- n. In surgery, a very slender hair-like bougie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. thin in diameter; resembling a thread
Latin fīlum, thread; see gwhī- in Indo-European roots + -form.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin filum ("thread") + -form (Wiktionary)