from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various marine crustaceans of the order Stomatopoda, which includes the squilla.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of the Stomatopoda; a mantis shrimp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the Stomatopoda.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having some of the legs close by the mouth, as a mantis-shrimp; of or pertaining to the Stomatopoda. Also stomatopodous, stomapodous.
- n. A member of the Stomatopoda, in any sense.
- n. Also stomapod.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kind of crustacean
From New Latin Stomatopoda, order name : stomato- + -pod.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)