from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Faulty or inadequate adjustment, as in a machine.
- n. Inability to adjust to the demands of interpersonal relationships and the stresses of daily living.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A poor or faulty adjustment, especially of a mechanism
- n. The inability to adjust oneself to the needs of others, or to the stresses of normal life
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bad adjustment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A faulty adjustment; lack of adjustment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the condition of being unable to adapt properly to your environment with resulting emotional instability
Sorry, no etymologies found.