from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A severe mental disorder, with or without organic damage, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality and causing deterioration of normal social functioning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A severe mental disorder, sometimes with physical damage to the brain, marked by a deranged personality and a distorted view of reality.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any vital action or activity.
- n. A disease of the mind; especially, a functional mental disorder, that is, one unattended with evident organic changes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Mental constitution or condition.
- n. A change in the field of consciousness.
- n. In pathology, any mental disorder; any form of insanity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any severe mental disorder in which contact with reality is lost or highly distorted
I use the term "social psychosis" because a psychosis is a mental state in which a person shows a diminished or loss of a sense of reality.
They are too weak to admin failure psychologically, and this psychosis is the very doctrine the reichwing lives under.
Being engulfed in psychosis was the best intoxication I ever had.
The Mad, well there are bloomin loads of these, thanks to over use of amphet and cannabis mental illness and psychosis is common.
Funny how that psychosis is consistent – right tommie?
Her psychosis is in fact very similar to that of Osama.
For the CDC to suggest that "Mefloquine has rarely been reported to cause serious side effects, such as seizures, depression and psychosis" is absolutely incredible since the actual numbers are closer to 1 in 200.
Ray would later put the museum thing down to a certain nihilism instilled by all that final-year, second-term psychosis, but in truth it was merely another instance of late-night drinking spawning an idea so intoxicating that the next morning failed to sober them of it.
(Manic-depressive psychosis is an older term for the same kind of disorders).
This, however, is at odds with recent research which concludes that in a susceptible minority, cannabis use can push the brain towards long-term psychosis requiring mental health treatment.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.