from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mental disorder, especially when manifested by antisocial behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A personality disorder indicated by a pattern of lying, exploitation, heedlessness, arrogance, sexual promiscuity, low self-control, and lack of empathy and remorse. Violent and criminal offenses may be indicative of this disorder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Mental disease. See psychosis, 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Derangement of the mental functions.
- n. The cure of the sick by psychical influence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any disease of the mind; the psychological state of someone who has emotional or behavioral problems serious enough to require psychiatric intervention
From psycho- + -pathy. (Wiktionary)