from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To match unsuitably or inaccurately.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To match unsuitably; to fail to match
- n. Something that does not match; something dissimilar, inappropriate or unsuitable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To match unsuitably.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To match unsuitably, or inaccurately or unfitly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bad or unsuitable match
- v. match badly; match two objects or people that do not go together
mis- + match (verb) (Wiktionary)
mis- + match (noun) (Wiktionary)