from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various units of dry capacity, mass and land area used in Spain and the Spanish-speaking world; originally a unit of dry capacity used for grain.
- n. A former unit of area, the amount of land that would be sown with a fanega of seed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dry measure in Spain and Spanish America, varying from 1� to 2� bushels; also, a measure of land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Spanish and Spanish-American dry measure containing about 11/2 United States bushels.
- n. A Spanish and Spanish-American land-measure containing about 13/5 acres.