from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A unit of capacitance equal to one millionth (10-6) of a farad.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One millionth ( 10-6 ) of a farad, abbreviated as µF.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The millionth part of a farad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practical unit of electrical capacity, equal to the millionth part of a farad. It is the capacity of about three miles of an Atlantic cable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a unit of capacitance equal to one millionth of a farad
micro- + farad (Wiktionary)