from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of having great value or price.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being dear; costliness; excess of price.
- n. Fondness; preciousness; love; tenderness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Costliness; high price, or a higher price than the customary one.
- n. Fondness; nearness to the heart or affections; great value in esteem and confidence; tender love.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality possessed by something with a great price or value
dear + -ness (Wiktionary)