from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A transient air pressure, such as the shock wave from an explosion, that is greater than the surrounding atmospheric pressure.
- transitive v. To cause or subject to overpressure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. excess or markedly elevated pressure, especially a transient high pressure due to a shock wave
- v. To subject to a high pressure
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Excessive pressure or urging.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Excessive pressure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a transient air pressure greater than the surrounding atmospheric pressure
Sorry, no etymologies found.