from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Electronics Undesired signals or sounds, as of voices, in a telephone or other communications device as a result of coupling between transmission circuits.
- n. Ancillary, incidental conversation: crosstalk among members of the panel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. undesirable signals from a neighbouring transmission circuit; undesired coupling between circuits
- n. conversation that is incidental to the topic under discussion
- v. To hold an incidental conversation
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the presence of an unwanted signal via an accidental coupling
cross + talk (Wiktionary)