from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An agent that intoxicates, especially an alcoholic beverage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which intoxicates; an intoxicating agent; as, alcohol, opium and laughing gas are intoxicants.
- n. Poison.
- adj. Intoxicating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which intoxicates; an intoxicating agent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which intoxicates; an intoxicating substance, as brandy, bhang, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing
- n. a liquor or brew containing alcohol as the active agent
- n. a drug that can produce a state of intoxication
Sorry, no etymologies found.