from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A poison or poisonous agent.
- adj. Poisonous; toxic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of causing damage by poisoning
- n. A toxic or poisonous substance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A poisonous agent or drug, as opium; an intoxicant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having toxic effect; capable of poisoning.
- n. A poison.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any substance that causes injury or illness or death of a living organism
- adj. having the qualities or effects of a poison
Sorry, no etymologies found.