from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being exact.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Exactness, accuracy; attention to small details.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being exact; exactness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being exact; exactness; accuracy; particularity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being exact
From French exactitude, from Latin exactus, perfect passive participle of exigō ("demand, claim as due" or "measure by a standard, weigh, test"), from ex ("out") + agō ("drive"). (Wiktionary)