from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being distinctive, individual or discrete
- n. Something which distinguishes something from anything else
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State of being distinctive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being distinctive; distinctive character; individuality.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. utter dissimilarity
- n. a distinguishing trait
distinctive + -ness (Wiktionary)