from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality of being distinct or unlike; difference.
- n. A point of distinction or difference. See Synonyms at difference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. not similar in appearance to something else
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Want of resemblance; unlikeness; dissimilitude; variety.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Unlikeness; want of resemblance; dissimilitude; difference: as, the dissimilarity of faces or voices.
- n. Synonyms Diversity, etc. See difference.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being dissimilar
dis- + similarity (Wiktionary)