from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being variegated; diversified coloration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being variegated
- n. a variation in the colour of different zones of the same plant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of variegating or diversifying, or the state of being diversified, by different colors; diversity of colors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Varied coloration; the conjunction of various colors or color-marks; party-coloration.
- n. In botany: The conjunction of two or more colors in the petals, leaves, and other parts of plants.
- n. A condition of plants in which the leaves become partially white or of a very light color, from suppression or modification of the chlorophyl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. variability in coloration
- n. the act of introducing variety (especially in investments or in the variety of goods and services offered)
Sorry, no etymologies found.