from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring in or having many forms or shapes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having more than one shape or appearance.
- n. An organism, folktale, etc. that appears in more than one form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having many forms, shapes, or appearances.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having many forms; highly diversiform; polymorphic.
- n. That which is multiform; that which gives a multiplied representation or many repetitions of anything.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. occurring in or having many forms or shapes or appearances
Sorry, no etymologies found.