Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having many phases, in any sense of that word; specifically, in electricity, same as polyphase.
- adj. That generates, or employs, multiple alternating current supplies with the same voltage but different phase angles
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Elec.) Having many phases pertaining to, or designating, a generator producing, or any system conveying or utilizing, two or more waves of pressure, or electromotive force, not in phase with each other; polyphase.
- adj. of an electrical system that uses or generates two or more alternating voltages of the same frequency but differing in phase angle
- multi- + phase (Wiktionary)
“In 2005 the museum embarked on a multiphase, $85 million expansion and modernization that is set to be completed in 2015.”
“The Park Avenue Armory enlisted Herzog & de Meuron for a multiphase project that aids the building's transition from drill hall to arts center.”
“Top military officials described the cruise-missile strikes as "the leading edge" of a multiphase campaign against Col.”
“Navigating the city's gating ordinance is a multiphase process that requires forms galore, as well as maps, photos, permits and a public hearing.”
“Apart from added confusion over a multiphase, nearly $109 million rail and bus fare increase that Metro officials acknowledge was already perplexing to many riders, customers at some rail stations Monday faced slow-reading SmarTrip cards, an inability to download SmartBenefits and malfunctioning fare gates.”
“As Nemours executive director Grace Gary says of the relatively recent three-year rehab project, the first part of a multiphase, 10-year endeavor, "Our greatest compliment is when people come here and ask, 'What did you do?”
“Not only do they shut off by themselves when the batteries are full, but most of them also have a multiphase charge profile, which is better for battery health and maximum charge.”
“A long-term, multiphase approach has driven the research and the integration of multiple techniques such as interviews, focus groups, videography, and mapping were used to collect, analyze, and communicate information .”
“It sounds great, and managed to tune in a number of weak/multiphase FM channels that the other radios in the store couldn't get at.”
“That entailed building a 90-mile multiphase pipeline -- the longest in the world -- to carry the volatile mixture of unprocessed gas, condensate and water to shore.”
‘multiphase’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for multiphase.