from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to cosmology, or to the overall structure of the universe
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to cosmology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to cosmology.
- from the changes in the world, used by Aristotle and Martineau;
- from the dependency of everything in the world, used by J. Caird, Martineau, and Stirling;
- the contingencies of the world, used by Aquinas, Leibnitz, Clarke;
- from the finitude of things in the world, used by Clarke;
- from the temporal character of things in the world;
- from the relativities of the world, used by Green and Illingworth;
- from the phenomenal character of the world;
- from the potential character of the world, used by Aristotle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to the branch of philosophy dealing with the elements and laws and especially the characteristics of the universe such as space and time and causality
- adj. pertaining to the branch of astronomy dealing with the origin and history and structure and dynamics of the universe
Sorry, no etymologies found.