from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of pouring a liquid over something.
- n. The state of being wet.
- n. The state of becoming red on the surface.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of suffusing, or state of being suffused; an overspreading.
- n. That with which a thing is suffused.
- n. A blending of one color into another; the spreading of one color over another, as on the feathers of birds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or operation of suffusing or overspreading, as with a fluid or a color; also, the state of being suffused or overspread.
- n. That which is suffused or spread over, as an extravasation of blood.
- n. In entomology, a peculiar variegation, observed especially in Lepidoptera, in which the colors appear to be blended or run together.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of permeating or infusing something with a substance
Sorry, no etymologies found.