from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Impregnation with ammonia or an ammonium compound.
- n. Production of ammonia or ammonium compounds in the decomposition of organic matter, especially through the action of bacteria.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The formation of ammonia or its compounds from nitrogenous compounds, especially as a result of bacterial decomposition.
- n. The treatment or impregnation of something with ammonia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of impregnating with ammonia, as for fertilization, or the state of being so impregnated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. impregnation with ammonia or a compound of ammonia
Sorry, no etymologies found.