from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sheltered place, especially a greenhouse, used for the cultivation of orange trees in cool climates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A greenhouse in which orange trees are grown.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place for raising oranges; a plantation of orange trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place where oranges are cultivated; particularly, a glass house for preserving orange-trees during winter.
- n. A kind of snuff.
- n. A perfume.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a place where oranges are grown; a plantation of orange trees in warm climes or a greenhouse in cooler areas
Sorry, no etymologies found.