from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the extinct genus Mylodon of giant ground sloths of Patagonia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An extinct genus of large slothlike American edentates, allied to Megatherium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of gigantic extinct sloths from the Pleistocene, having teeth more or less cylindrical and in structure resembling those of the extant sloths.
- n. [lowercase] An animal of this genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large (bear-sized) extinct edentate mammal of the Pleistocene in South America
From the genus name. (Wiktionary)