from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or capability of attracting.
- n. The quality of attracting; charm.
- n. A feature or characteristic that attracts.
- n. A person, place, thing, or event that is intended to attract: The main attraction was a Charlie Chaplin film.
- n. The electric or magnetic force exerted by oppositely charged particles, tending to draw or hold the particles together.
- n. The gravitational force exerted by one body on another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The tendency to attract
- n. The feeling of being attracted
- n. An event or location that has a tendency to attract visitors
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An invisible power in a body by which it draws anything to itself; the power in nature acting mutually between bodies or ultimate particles, tending to draw them together, or to produce their cohesion or combination, and conversely resisting separation.
- n. The act or property of attracting; the effect of the power or operation of attraction.
- n. The power or act of alluring, drawing to, inviting, or engaging; an attractive quality.
- n. That which attracts; an attractive object or feature.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act, power, or property of attracting.
- n. That which attracts feeling or desire; a charm; an allurement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an entertainment that is offered to the public
- n. the quality of arousing interest; being attractive or something that attracts
- n. a characteristic that provides pleasure and attracts
- n. the force by which one object attracts another
- n. an entertainer who attracts large audiences
Massey's main attraction is its huge reserves of high-quality metallurgical coal, which is used to make steel and is in great demand in China and India.
The main attraction is the potential for showers and storms with strong winds, both this morning and maybe again during the late afternoon into evening.
But when the sun sets, the main attraction is the thrilling La Ronde amusement park.
Daeg Faerch, the child actor that plays our main attraction, is nothing special, and honestly … very hard to look at.
It is also another way to gain attraction from the public.
Mise-en-scene aside, the film's main attraction is its stars.
Its main attraction is that it is usually nice and quite until about 7pm.
But the main attraction is a silver mold of Nazarbayev's palm print.
The story's main attraction is that the characters set about to solve a series of increasingly difficult puzzles as they travel from room to room inside of a huge alien tower of unknown origin that is affectingly named the Blood Spire.
The story's main attraction is that the characters set about to solve a series of increasingly difficult puzzles as they travel from room to room inside of a huge alien tower of unknown origin that is affectionately named the Blood Spire.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.