from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An amount of power, especially electric power, expressed in watts or kilowatts.
- n. The electric power required by an appliance or device.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An amount or power (especially electric), expressed in watts, kilowatts etc
- n. The power requirement of some electric appliance
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The rating in watts, of any electrical machine or device, of the power required to operate it: as, the wattage of a glow-lamp.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the product of voltage and current
Sorry, no etymologies found.