from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of surpassing usual limits
- n. the state of being beyond the range of normal perception
- n. the state of being free from the constraints of the material world, as in the case of a deity
- n. superior excellence; supereminence
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The quality or state of being transcendent; superior excellence; supereminence.
- Elevation above truth; exaggeration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being transcendent; elevation; loftiness; exaggeration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of excelling or surpassing or going beyond usual limits
- n. a state of being or existence above and beyond the limits of material experience
transcend + -ence (Wiktionary)