from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A vote cast by writing in the name of a candidate not on the ballot.
- n. A candidate voted for in this manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A candidate whose name is not listed on the ballot
- n. A vote made for a candidate who is a write-in.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a vote cast by writing in the name of a candidate who is not listed on the ballot
- n. a candidate for public office whose name does not appear on the ballot and so must be written on the ballot by the voters
Sorry, no etymologies found.