from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who has served in a military campaign
- n. A military veteran
- n. A person who campaigns for a person running for political office
- n. Someone with experience in a certain field.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who has served in an army in several campaigns; an old soldier; a veteran.
- n. one who is campaigning, especially a politician running for elective office, or one of his/her supporters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is or has been in active service in a campaign or campaigns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a politician who is running for public office
Sorry, no etymologies found.